Sunday, June 19, 2016

Exploring My Incredible India - Chapter 2

I didn't intend to wake up late but I guess it was the effect of yesterday 400+ ride, wake up at 7:45 am by a phone call. Couldn't receive the call though was to late for it :p

When check my phone in gathering my proper senses, saw Mamta leave a message for me, "Come up for breakfast once you wake up". I couldn't help but laugh at myself.

It is my first experience of availing Couch Surfing host. And its really good and unique kind.

In the afternoon I plan to visit my friend house and explore the local places as well. 
Around 2:30 pm I left from my place Saheed Nagar to my friend's place (Dipika Saha) at Institute of Physics campus. The place is very well organized and maintained. We met after a long time, lets say 6-7 years or more. So, the conversation must go on for a long stretch. Then all of a certain rain comes to join our conversation. She said I was lucky that when I reach the Bhubaneswar, its raining and the weather is bearable. Otherwise it was too hot to live without AC. I thought in my mind, Monsoon have come for me then ;-)  
Lingaraja Temple, Bhubaneswar


I left her house around 4 o'clock in the afternoon and visit Lingaraj Temple, one of the sacred and famous to tourist.

The interesting part of Lingaraj Temple other than it's architecture, is the rule of only Hindus are allowed to get in. And for security purpose you have to keep your phones outside with your shoes. It wouldn't have been so problematic if I had my digicam in working condition. The architecture undoubtedly mesmerizing, one should give a visit here if comes in Bhubaneswar. I went to watch tower suggested by my couch surfing host Mamta and took the pictures as much as possible. It was really good view, isn't it?

From here I went to Rajarani Temple, which was in few kilometers distance. This one is just tourist spot now a days to watch the sculpture excellence on sandstone.

Rajarani Temple, Bhubaneswar

Evening was about to approach the night and I preferred to came back. Next day another journey will start. Good night :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment